Flooding is defined by the National Flood Insurance Program as a general and temporary condition of partial or complete inundation of two or more acres of normally dry land area or two or more properties (at least one of which is your property) from: Overflow of inland waters, unusual and rapid accumulation or runoff of surface waters from any source, and mudflows.

It may be a good idea to purchase coverage for Building (the structure) and its Contents. And each has a deductible. Building coverage only covers the structure, so you should consider getting coverage for the items inside the property too (Contents coverage).

  • Building property
  • The insured building and its foundation
  • Electrical and plumbing systems
  • Central air-conditioning equipment, furnaces, and water heaters
  • Refrigerators, cooking stoves, and built-in appliances such as dishwashers
  • Permanently installed carpeting over unfinished flooring
  • Permanently installed paneling, wallboard, bookcases, and cabinets
  • Window blinds
  • Detachted garages
  • Debris removal
  • Personal contents property*
  • Personal belongings such as closing, furniture and electronic equipment*
  • Curtains*
  • Portable and window air-conditioners*
  • Portable microwave ovens and portable dishwashers*
  • Carpets that are not included in building coverage*
  • Clothing washers and dryers*
  • Food freequers and the food in them
  • Certain valuable items such as original artwork and furs (up to $2,500)*

NOTE: An asterisk (*) at the end of the bullet means it is covered by a Contents policy

How Can We Help?

Business Insurance

Personal Insurance