We are watching the weather here in North Carolina very closely as you likely are too. We continue to hope that Hurricane Florence causes minimal issues, but we are beginning to prepare in case it is more serious.
North Carolina Business Insurance Agency would ask you to continue to monitor the weather conditions through local and national media in the coming days.
We also strongly suggest you visit WWW.READYNC.ORG for updated information about the storm.
If Hurricane Florence does appear that it will impact our area below are several other strong suggestions:
- Make sure your insurance is up to date.
- If you will not be at your property during the storm, please take all pets, valuables, refrigerated and frozen food with you.
- TURN OFF ALL APPLIANCES AND THE MAIN CIRCUIT BREAKER TO THE HOME!!!
- Clear all balconies, terraces, porches, and patios. Bring in as many of the outside items as possible such as lawn furniture, decorations, and trash cans inside of the home or garage. If you cannot bring them inside- please try and secure them as best as possible (do not tie to a fence or railing of the home).
- Clean and sanitize your bathtub and then fill it up with water. This water should be used for flushing the toilet.
- Stock up on necessities and nonperishable food items, bottled water, hand held can opener, batteries, flashlights, prescriptions, etc.
- Fill all vehicles with gas.
If our area experiences power loss and other storm damage, we will update you and respond as quickly as possible once things come back online. We would ask that you be patient and let us get to more critical maintenance issues as quickly as we can before moving on to other non-emergency damage.
BIG Insurance companies in NC Claims # are as follows —
- NATIONWIDE Claims # 1-800-421-3535
- ALLSTATE & ESURANCE # 1-800-255-7828
- AAA # 1-800-672-5246
- AMICA# 800-242-6422
- STATE FARM & FOREMOST Insurance # 800-782-8332
- GEICO # 1-800-861-8380
- Progressive # 1-800-776-4737
- LIBERTY Mutual # 1-800-451-7065
- USAA #.1-800-531-8722
- Travelers # 1.866.336.2077
- SafeAuto at # 1-800-723-3288
- North Carolina Farm bureau Insurance 1-800-736-8222
- North Carolina Insurance Commissioner #(919) 807-6750 (for questions and or complaints)